Position title: Engagement Manager
VWB/VSF Canada is looking for a dynamic and action-oriented Engagement Manager, who will be reporting directly to the Executive Director and who will oversee communications, fundraising and marketing activities for the organization in both French and English.
About Veterinarians without Borders/ Vétérinaires sans Frontières (VWB/VSF) – Canada
- Improve the lives of people in vulnerable/marginalized communities, including those in crisis, by delivering effective programs using a One Health approach that address contextual challenges, especially gender equality and climate change.
- Progress from a pilot project to a Canadian Program operating successfully in several northern communities.
- Strengthen financial sustainability through revenue growth and diversification in order to enhance capacity for core functions and allocation of adequate resources for business development.
- Enhance visibility among the Canadian veterinary and animal health communities, the general public, government entities and local and international NGOs.
- With the Executive Director, develop and lead the fundraising strategy that incorporates key targets around individual, corporate, private and public donors, planned giving, yearly events and campaigns, and associated budgets.
- Identify, build and strategically steward individual, private, public, corporate donors with the goal of converting one-time donors to recurring donors, and smaller donors to larger and major donors.
- Manages grant administration; works with staff to support grant reporting and compliance calendar.
- Works closely with Executive Director and board directors on the fundraising communication and marketing committee to execute the committee’s annual action plan and deliverables.
- Develop and foster relationships with student groups at targeted universities
- Works closely with leadership & staff to create solicitations and design campaigns to increase member acquisition and retention/renewal
- Develop and manages VWB/VSF Canada’s planned/legacy giving program
- Develops and leads the communications and outreach strategy, including oversight and integration of VWB/VSF Canada’s brand identity into written and electronic (email, web, social media) communications
- Leads the growth of the VWB/VSF Canada’s visibility and raise awareness of the organization’s profile with development of strategic content for social media platforms, website management, interpretation of data from Google analytics and AdWords, email marketing and other forms of outreach. Ensure digital assets are updated consistently with appropriate, compelling content related to project themes.
- Serves as the lead for producing and maintaining key communication materials for donors, board directors and key stakeholders.
- Be responsible for developing and leading in collaboration with the Executive Director, the organisation’s public relations, communications, and media networking through the creation of informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related content. Prepare reports on media metrics and reach through regular monitoring.
- Alongside the Executive Director work with VSF International to coordinate communication and advocacy initiatives for the network.
- 5+ years’ experience in non-profit organizational /association fundraising & communications
- Major gift fundraising and event planning experience, use of CRM systems and donor databases, managing individual giving and issue-based campaigns
- Demonstrated experience managing e-mail marketing (experience with MailChimp considered an asset);
- Creative and extremely detail-oriented, with strong story-telling skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use channels effectively to deliver news and content;
- Demonstrated experience producing quality materials with Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools and Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web standards
- Demonstrated experience managing non-profit social media platforms and digital properties;
- Demonstrated commitment to VWB/VSF Canada’s mission and values;
- Ability to absorb and manage workloads and stress without affecting the quality of deliverables;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork traits;
- Fluency in verbal and written English and French
- Knowledge of and networks in Canadian philanthropy
- Previous experience in international development and humanitarian aid considered an asset;
VWB/VSF is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds.