Vets Without Borders has an open ICT Marketing Specialist position at Agronomes et Vétérinaires Sans Frontières (AVSF) in CambodiaDownload Job Overview
Job Title: ICT Marketing Specialist
Location: Phnom Penh with travel to Preah Vihear and Battambang provinces
Partner Organization: AVSF
Duration: 4 months
Start Date: June - September 2023 (or upon availability)
Pre-departure Training: VWB/VSF will provide training orientation.
Eligibility: Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Language: English (essential) Khmer (desirable)
Academic Requirements: Bachelor's degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems), digital marketing, journalism, communications or a related field.
Fundraising: VWB/VSF encourages each volunteer to raise funds towards the organization’s operations.
Volunteer Terms & Conditions
VWB/VSF covers most of the costs of being an overseas volunteer, including:
- Return airfare to placement country
- Visa/permit costs
- The cost of required vaccinations, anti-malarial medication, and overseas emergency travel health insurance
- A monthly living allowance (MLA) that will be paid into the volunteer’s bank account in Canada. The MLA is designed to be sufficient to cover simple housing, basic food requirements, and other typical monthly living expenses.
Veterinarians Without Borders/Vétérinaires sans Frontière is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team.
We are committed to inclusive and equitable employment practices and strive to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. VWB/VSF Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure an equitable hiring process. Thank you for your interest in VWB/VSF Canada.
The primary purpose of the ICT Marketing Specialist volunteer position is to build capacity of AVSF Cambodia and partners (PMUAC and FCFD) to determine ICT marketing channels and opportunities.
- To improve agriculture sector and products promotion by creating/updating webpage, blog, Facebook, YouTube, website and others related tools for AVSF, PMUAC and FCFD;
- To assist AVSF Cambodia, FCFD and PMUAC staff to create ICT material for communication, marketing of their products and for fund raising
- To strengthen capacity of AVSF Cambodia, FCFD and PMUAC staff on text writing and on how to update all ICT tools created
- All volunteers are expected to promote gender equality, environmental sustainability and good governance within their placement responsibilities.
- Current knowledge of marketing methods and practices to develop and implement integrated marketing programs communications, social media platforms, blogs and website, in-market events and other communications channels.
- Solid background and experience in digital marketing on agricultural products.
- Experience in design of marketing strategy for Farmer Organizations’ products.
- Experience in development of promotional materials via physical and online tools.
- Ability to write and publish the successful story/case of agricultural products for advertisement/distribution.
- Ability to deliver training sessions on ICT marketing development and application.
- Excellent collaboration capabilities, and capacity to work productively in teams.
- Experience working with NGOs, Farmer Organizations (FOs), rural communities.
- Willingness and availability to work and stay in remote areas.
- Effective cross-cultural communication skills
- Commitment to the principles of volunteer cooperation and familiarity with participatory approaches to development, including the promotion of gender equality, good governance and environmental sustainability.
- Knowledgeable of agribusiness sector
- Able to define systems and approaches that are sustainable and relevant to the local context.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with work colleagues, service providers and other stakeholders.
- Previous international work / volunteer experience in Cambodia or other developing country
About the Project: VETS
Volunteers Engaged in Gender Responsive Technical Solutions (VETS), funded through the Volunteer Cooperation Program at Global Affairs Canada, will engage 190 volunteers to work with local partner organizations in Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
Volunteers will help create integrated animal health systems to increase the livelihoods and household nutrition of small-scale farmers. The VETS program utilizes the skills of volunteers to build local partner capacity to support community members, primarily women, to reduce poverty. Through improved production of livestock and crops, volunteers help improve family income and nutrition.
The VETS program is built around the One Health concept, which recognizes that the health of people, animals, and the natural environment are interconnected. This project promotes the production of more and better food and increased incomes from livestock, all the while promoting land rehabilitation and conservation for sustainable development.
About Veterinarians Without Borders
In the global south, more than 90 percent of food animals are raised by subsistence farmers. However, small-scale livestock producers, the majority of whom are women, have very limited access to quality and affordable animal health services.
Aside from the risks associated with the loss of valuable livestock that provides important protein and/or income for low-income households, zoonotic diseases that can be passed from animals to humans offer a very real threat to human health on a wider scale.
Veterinarians Without Borders/Vétérinaires sans frontières (VWB/VSF) works for and with communities in need to foster the health of animals, people, and the environments that sustain us. VWB/VSF works nationally and internationally to train animal health workers, increase food security, and improve animal and public health.
VWB/VSF provides overseas volunteer placements for veterinarians and other animal and public health professionals.