VWB/VSF teamed up with NS SPCA and Wings of Rescue to secure care for 16 dogs evacuated from the Hay River, NWT wildfires.
Volunteer With VWB/VSF
The Volunteers Engaged in Gender Responsive Technical Solutions (VETS) program aims to mobilize more than 190 volunteers in Africa and Asia over a seven-year period.
The program participants include veterinarians, veterinary technologists, animal and human nutritionists, professors of veterinary medicine, veterinary clinic managers, rural development specialists, business development advisors, monitoring and evaluation, gender specialists and others.
Volunteer placements range from three weeks to two years, depending on the nature of the position.
Why Volunteer With Us?
There are many reasons to become a Veterinarians Without Borders volunteer. Here are a few:
- Volunteers support our partner organizations to make a positive difference in some of the world’s most vulnerable communities.
- International volunteers contribute to meaningful initiatives and gain profound personal benefits through sharing skills and experience in complex and interesting contexts.
- Volunteers often return to their lives and jobs inspired and refreshed, with a renewed sense of passion for animal welfare and international cooperation.
- In stepping into another country and culture, volunteers experience tremendous personal growth while learning firsthand about the interconnected and ever-shrinking world we share.
Join our team!
Are you interested in volunteering with Vets Without Borders? We'd love to have you! To apply for an open position, follow the links below to read the position descriptions and submit your application.
Questions? Email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
VETS Program | International
- Animal Health Research Advisor | AVSF | Senegal
- Sustainable Cropping System Specialist | AVSF | Cambodia
- Livestock Specialist | CARE | Laos
- Animal Nutritionist | Meru Dairy | Kenya
- Veterinarian Advisor | Meru Dairy | Kenya
- Animal Feeds Processing Technologist | Wakulima Dairy | Kenya
- Animal Nutritionist | Wakulima Dairy | Kenya
- Veterinarian Advisor | Wakulima Dairy | Kenya
- Dairy Processing Technologist | Wakulima Dairy | Kenya
HEALTH, GENDER, AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- Gender Specialist | AVSF | Cambodia
- Engendered Value Chain and Marketing Specialist | AVSF | Cambodia
- Gender Advisor | HPA | Laos
- Value Chain Specialist | CARE | Laos
- Health Specialist | CARE | Laos
- One Health System Advisor | IEHSD | Vietnam
- One Health Facilitation Advisor | IEHSD | Vietnam
- Gender Specialist | GAPNET | Ghana
COMMUNICATIONS, MONITORING & EVALUATION, AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- ICT Marketing Specialist | AVSF | Cambodia
- GIS Mapping Advisor | AVSF | Cambodia
- Communication & Media Specialist | CARE | Laos
- Environment and M&E Specialist | AVSF | Senegal
- Communications Officer | AVSF | Senegal
- Communications Advisor | GAPNET | Ghana
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor | GAPNET | Ghana
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your Expression of Interest for volunteer positions with us.
Young Volunteer Program
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2024. Apply now!
Deadline: October 23, 2023
VWB/VSF's Young Volunteer Program aims to improve food security and livelihoods of smallholder farmers in the global south while providing Canadian students and recent graduates with opportunities to learn and grow in a cross-cultural setting.
Northern Animal Health Initiative | Northern Canada
What makes an effective volunteer?
International volunteers often experience new and challenging circumstances. It's hard to know how we will react until we face those challenges. However, there are personal and professional qualities that help to identify people who will be effective volunteering and living in another country.
It is important to be flexible. International volunteers often need to adapt to unfamiliar circumstances. At times you could experience inconvenience or discomfort. Volunteers need the self-confidence to take action on their own. The most effective volunteers also thrive as collaborative team members, overcoming cultural and language barriers to share accomplishments as part of a team.
International volunteering is an opportunity to develop and strengthen skills and abilities that will last a lifetime.
If you would like to contribute to the health of animals, people, and the planet, then a volunteer assignment may be right for you.